We all love fashion; but to compliment those cute outfits you need to also have healthy glowing skin. I’m one of the unfortunate ones plagued by adult acne (ugh) so I’m always trying to find natural ways to clear up my skin. I have a great dermatologist, but I feel acne meds can only take your skin so far (Disclaimer: check with your dermatologist before making any major changes). You also need a good regimen to keep your skin healthy and clear. I find that my skin behaves differently depending on several factors so I have to be ready to take action as soon as I see any signs of acne or dryness.
A month ago I decided to start using Tea Tree Oil to help with my problem acne spots and to my surprise it worked for my combination skin. Most people mix it with other oils or face lotion because it can burn the skin (tons of tips on Pinterest). Also, in February’s Pop Sugar Must Have Box I received Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum. I love it. It makes my skin feel really soft and Argan is known for it’s great healing powers. This got me thinking…are oils a good alternative. I recently read an article on totalbeauty.com and I’ve decided to test oils out for the next six months to see if my skin improves. Have you had any success with oils?
As for the body I have slight eczema so I love Cetaphil’s lotion that comes in a jar. And for feet, elbows, and knees I just use a bit of Sabon Body Butter. My full regimen is below. I have to say the Pop Sugar Box has introduced me to a lot of products I would have never tried otherwise. I’m also working on changing my diet because I know that plays into it too. More water, veggies, and fruits. I’m getting there.
- Cetaphil® Daily Facial Cleanser
- Hymed Facial Cleanser (Only available by your dermatologist or a beauty salon. Logo on hymed.net so you know you’re getting the right one.)
I chose my lotion depending on the temperature outside since my skin tend to get oily. Also, I’m hardcore about wearing SPF.
- Summer days: Supergoop SPF 30 Anti-Aging City Sunscreen Serum (From my Pop Sugar Box. I love this stuff. Even though it’s SPF 30 your skin doesn’t feel greasy.)
- Winter days: L’Occitane Shea Protective Face Cream SPF20 (Best for crazy cold days) or L’Occitane Angelica Protective Lotion SPF15
- All seasons night lotion: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer (From my Pop Sugar Box. I’m still on my sample container from last year so the jar will last awhile. )
I have prescriptions for my dermatologist to help keep my acne at bay; however, since using the tea tree oil I use them less frequently.
- Dial Yogurt & Vanilla Honey (Funny part about this is a new type was in the latest Pop Sugar Box which I thought was a bit odd; however, their body washes leave my skin feeling clean. Other washes tended to leave a residue. I do want to try out soaps by Savon de Marseille.)
- Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream (Having slight eczema can be problematic. This stuff works the best. It’s not greasy and leaves your skin feeling hydrated.)
- Sabon Body Butter (This stuff smells great and the fragrance doesn’t irritate my skin.)
- Radiance Tea Tree Oil (Great for fighting acne)
- Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum (I only use a tiny dap and I pat it on. It works now that it’s cold. I’ll have to test it in the summer to make sure it doesn’t make my skin to oily under my sunscreen.)
- Hair: Combination of Hollywood Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, and Shea Oil. I plan to try a Argan oil in the future. Any recommendations?)
- Curel Fast-Absorbing Hand and Cuticle Cream (I have dry skin and I wash my hands a lot. This stuff keeps my skin hydrated.)
- Gillette Shaving Gel
- Tend Skin (If you get any signs of razor bumps use this stuff. Works for men and women.)
Can you tell I’m hard core about keeping my skin healthy? So what keeps your skin glowing? Check out my article on protecting your thighs.